Friday, October 16, 2009

We have such sights to show you!

I just finished what can only be considered a "Clive Barker-a-thon". By this, I mean I watched both Books of Blood and Hellraiser II: Hellbound in one night. I had no particular purpose in watching these movies, other than the fact that I felt that I needed a break from reading Let the Right One In, which is probably what I would have done. Not that this book isn't amazing; it's just...well, let's just say that one has to be in a particular mood to stomach it.

This is not to say that either of these movies were big ol' pick-me-uppers, but whatever. It's October, and nearing Halloween...I hope I can get some leeway for my morbid tastes. Speaking of morbid, here's probably the only picture of me that I will ever post up on my blog!


I couldn't sleep a few nights ago...so I became a zombie. Sassy, no? Tucson has an awesome zombie walk on October 24th (http://www.myspace.com/tucson_resurected) that I will be missing (damn you, work!), but as you can see from the above, I obviously belong there with my people. Anyone who can make it definitely should, and take lots of pictures for me. I WILL be going to Nightfall (http://www.nightfallaz.com/2009/) this year, though. I have heard it's delightfully cheesy. Huzzah! Another haunt that I'll be observing is Phobia (http://phobiatucson.com/). Ah, Halloween! My favorite time of year. And Tucson really gets into the spirit of things, no pun intended.

Ok...it's been a real scream, but I should go. It's almost 9am, and I've yet to sleep. :D

P.S.- Robin, we must Skype soon, no?

2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure how the second one was, but I just finished watching Hellraiser III: Hell On Earth and trust me, you should avoid that one unless you're in the mood to watch something really, really bad that makes little to no sense. They seriously gave up for the entire last hour of that film. Let me put it this way: both Motörhead and KMFDM are on the soundtrack for that film and even that couldn't save it :p

    -Will

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looked at the picture before I read the blog, and there was definately a moment of "Holy Shit! Brenna either needs more sleep or some holy water to put her out of her misery!"

    YES we must skype. I actually got on to tell you this. When are you free? I'm normally free after 530pm Japan time until like 11pm J-time.

    ReplyDelete