Saturday, September 5, 2009

Nothing, really.

I have nothing very important to say right now. This week has been about as ridiculous as Eugene Ionesco's Rhinoceros. I mean this in as real a sense as can be possible. I have only run in to one or two rhinos roaming the streets in the past week, as opposed to the entirety of humanity, but we're getting there. For anyone who isn't aware of what I'm talking about...well, google it.

Anyway, there is no point to this post except to keep me occupied while I can not sleep. I can only hope that someone comes away from this with something, even if that's just taking solace in the fact that I am pseudo pretentious enough to have read Ionesco. Note: I read Rhinoceros while waiting for my clothes to finish drying at the laundromat one day. One of my favorite quotes from said absurd play is this:

Daisy: I never knew you were such a realist- I thought you were more poetic. Where's your imagination? There are many sides to reality. Choose the one that's best for you. Escape into the world of imagination.

I found out today that my favorite contemporary author and my favorite musical artist are dating. This means absolutely nothing to me or the rest of humanity, but it certainly is cool when your top faves of all time find each other and create awesome work together. So, uh, congratulations Amanda Palmer and Neil Gaiman. I hope that you continue to bless me with things that make me feel less morose about not being able to sleep.

Speaking of which, I have not slept more than four hours per day for the past four days. Why, one may ask? Well, part of it may have to do with the AWESOME allergies that I am currently enduring. I lay down and become dyspneic. On another note, I don't appreciate the fact that the spellcheck just told me that 'dyspneic' isn't a word. It is, damnit.

Dyspneic: difficult or labored respiration

So there.
A photo of the beautiful AFP, for those that don't know her. Posted merely because I feel like it:

I suppose I should attempt to sleep a little more before work. I still have a good three to four hours before I absolutely have to be up.

P.S.- Robin, I miss your blogs. I haven't gotten my fix recently, which probably means that you're busy and having an awesome time... :D

P.P.S.- Dad, if you're reading this, then YES, I am insured through Edna. Har, har, har.

1 comment:

  1. I love you Bre-chan, even when you can't sleep.

    I know, I'm behind on my blogging >.>;; Work started! I actually have to *do* shit now! I'm not used to that. But I'm in the process of writing a hugely long blog post about the past two weeks of my life. Just hold on! ^_~

    ReplyDelete