Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Crayons, and other essentials.

There are just some days where you want to be a kid again. Yesterday was one of those days. I would have been completely content with staying home, listening to music that I would have listened to around the age of twelve, watching the Labyrinth, and coloring with crayons. In lieu of that, I listened to music that I would have listened to around the age of twelve (eg Savage Garden, which Will so sweetly included on his most recent mix CD to me) and drive to work. I did bring crayons in case I got a moment to decorate the crap out of something. I did not end up doing it, though I did feasibly have the time.

I got a really nasty case of hives at work around 4:00 AM. I took 50mg of Diphenhydramine, which is a fancy way of saying that I took two Benadryl. I'm going to go to sleep now.



Some fun crayon facts lifted off of another website:

Crayola crayons currently come in 120 colors including 23 reds, 20 greens, 19 blues, 16 purples, 14 oranges, 11 browns, 8 yellows, 2 grays, 2 coppers, 2 blacks, 1 white, 1 gold and 1 silver. Although Crayola crayons come in 120 different colors, the labels are only made in 18, which cover the full color spectrum.

Nearly 3 billion crayons are made each year, an average of 12 million daily.

2 comments:

  1. Two different shades of black? It's like, how much more black can it get? None more black...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wx6fwfBKCIQ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man. Crayons. Did you ever have the crayons that came with that crappy "eraser"? It claimed it could erase crayon coloring, when really all it did was make it lighter and smear it farther across the page?

    Aaah good times good times.

    ReplyDelete