Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Exciting mediocre Bren!

I know I haven't written in a few days, but in my defense, I was at least enjoying myself. My "weekend" was pleasantly busy. On Thursday, I had to wake up to go to meeting at work, which was not fun, and I was not excited by it in the least because Thursday was my first day off, and I really just wanted to sleep. Instead of going home, I went and had dinner with my parents and then went down to Plush on Fourth Avenue and saw Seashell Radio (http://www.seashellradio.com/), Coyote Grace (http://www.coyotegrace.com/), and Leila Lopez (http://www.leilalopezsongs.com/) play. I thoroughly enjoyed all three shows, but I can honestly say that I would not have stayed if Courtney Robbins had not told me to stay for all three acts as opposed to just her's. Courtney has a solo career (you can find that info here: http://www.courtneyrobbins.com/) and I began to listen to her years ago. We have also talked occasionally and I must say that she is quite awesome. She told me that I would be sorry if I didn't stay for the next two shows (and she played with both of them as well), and she was definitely right. For anyone interested in folksy, singer/songwriter music, I HIGHLY recommend all of these guys.

The show was a nice change for me, because things have been pretty hectic lately and I was really hoping to unwind. Everyone at the show was so nice that my usual anxiety didn't even seem to get to me that much. I will definitely have to go to folksy shows more often.

On Friday, I went out with my friend Jessica (Jessica F-Word, for those of you who are keeping tabs) and got the last few things that I needed for the baby shower that I would be hosting the next day. Jessica and I are apparently inept at navigating our way around a Babies R Us, but after wandering aimlessly for what felt like an eternity, we were directed by the manager to where we could find changing table pads and boppies. We also went to Target and did some awesome grocery/medication/baby shower prep shopping before going home and having difficulty wrapping our gifts. It was a blast.

Saturday was the baby shower for Taundra, Matt, and the little child that has yet to be born. It went quite well. We had crap tons of extra food, the gifts were a go, and Taundra and Matt's child that is now two years old, Piperlee, spent the couple of hours at my parents' house blissfully relocating the remotes. It was great. I was exhausted by the end of it (I have been stressing over it for weeks, and I had to wake up at 8am that day), so I went home and took a lengthy nap.

Then, the moment I have been waiting for for MONTHS occurred. I saw Shutter Island! It was a fabulous movie, and I plan to see it again, and probably own it. Anyone who has read my blog knows that I've been excited about this for eons... it was so worth it.

Now my work week is in full swing, and I am back to being mundane overnight Brenna. Le-sigh. I will say that I am reading (on my lunch breaks, mostly) Spook by Mary Roach (author of Stiff and Bonk, both of which are quite entertaining). It's pretty good thusfar. With all of this being said, I'm going to go to bed so that I may continue to be relatively coherent at work. *Thumbs up*

1 comment:

  1. I really need to look up on the net to see if I can watch this movie! In...perfectly legal fashions...of course...<.< >.>

    ReplyDelete